Monday 24 November 2008

Bloggers meet and other goodies

What a fabulous day us Tassie Bloggers had on Saturday. We gathered at the small town of Ross at the bakery for a day of fun! I made everyone little parcels with a surprise inside.I also gift wrapped 19 lucky door prizes that were kindly donated from The Quilted Crow and Hugs 'n Kisses and were well received by all!Check out the Tassie Bloggers on my side bar for more posts about the day, without them the day wouldn't have happened and I'd like to thank all of them for coming and our friends too that joined us Meredith, Bronwyn, Sarah, Polly, Kerrie & Tali. Plus big thank-you to my dear friend Sarah for driving us there!!

I'll post some more picks later in the week (when my camera comes home) of the beautiful gifts I received at the gathering!

Now onto other things, here's some sneak peeks of my gifts for the SSCS 2008 that are winging there way across the globe, are they coming to your door?And when I popped home for lunch today a lovely parcel was in the mailbox from Embroideroo. Sandi knew I was drooling over the Macadmia Bliss Bar and offered to send me one so in the end we did a little swap of xmas ornaments and sweets. Sandi sent one of her own designs of a Roo, isn't it the cutest kangaroo you've ever seen!, and a lovely felt snowflake, some buttons and of course the bliss bar...no I haven't opened it yet but it's calling me saying "EAT ME!"Thank-you Sandi, I'll be putting my tree up soon and they'll be on it!

Almost forgot to mention but two of Ric Rac's creations joined us at the gathering, Marita's Henry and my Jodie, they enjoyed catching up too! Thanks for the pic Sarah!!!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

From all the photo's on the different blogs it looks like it was a very successful day, and everyone had loads of fun. Love your little kangaroo, and the peek of your SSCS. I hope it's winging it's way to OK :))

Leanne said...

It was a great day JO, you did such a good job of organising everything. I look foreward to our next get together.

Leanne xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Ross was a great success......you did well.......

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and I love you called your Ric Rac girly Jodie......

Tazzie said...

Wow - what a wonderful time you all had, makes me wish I was a Tassie blogger!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Isabella said...

Thankyou soo much for all your work Jo It was a great day everybody got on so well together it was just fab so much fun so many little tips and lovely eats and then all those lovely gifts to finish off hope we are having more.

Stina Blomgren said...

This was a fantastic idea of you all...you seem to have had a wonderful time togehter... What a day!!! So nice to see pictures... and talking about pictures... your SSCS partner will love what you have started to make!! :o)

Simone de Klerk said...

Happy for you it was such a succesful day (O: Love your sneek peeks! Lucky swap partner!

wonderwoman said...

oh i'm so envious!! what a lovely day you all must have had!

xxx

Julie said...

I have enjoyed looking at all the different Tassie blogs.

Sandi said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic day out - what fun! The little parcels are so cute.
Look forward to seeing the full picture of the SSCS gift :)
Enjoy your bliss bar.

Unknown said...

Yes I wish I was there too looks like great fun was had by all .
Clare's Craftroom

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

What a fabulous day. Sounds like you all had fun.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Locket Pocket said...

It sounds like a fa time! But what are those naughty monsters saying???

I haven't forgotten about your mini-quilt - I reckon it is going to have a Christmas theme now!!

Lucy x

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Jo! WOW! Looks like you had a fun day - and look at all those gifties! You were a busy bee to organise all that! So pleased you all had a lovely day. Having met a few bloggers face to face, I know how much fun it can be and look forward to meeting more local bloggers along the way! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Kris said...

Looks like a great day! How clever are you to organise such a day. Good work!

Sarah said...

It was a great day!! Thankyou for organising it!! I am looking foreward to next time!!
x Sarah

Sarah said...

Oh and I forgot to say, your sneek peek looks interesting!