Wednesday 4 February 2009

I'm disappearing again!

I'm heading off tomorrow camping with my family, a final trip before school resumes here in Tasmania. Hopefully we get plenty of fine weather. I'll show some photos when I return of our favourite spot which is just a short walk to a river which is really a creek where we fossick for sapphires, topaz, zircon and spinel. Hard to find stones worthy of cutting but it's all about having fun, spending time away from the gadgets and gazing at all the stars and counting satellites as they whizz by. I usually take some stitching but I never end up doing any.


Anyway I hope to catch up with everyone's blogs when I return, so make sure you give me plenty to read!


I've also received a parcel from Isabella, whose 50th post giveaway I won over the weekend, I'll show pics of the goodies when I return! Thank-you Isabella!!

15 comments:

Deb said...

Have a lovey camping holiday Jo. Enjoy the family time.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Have a great time/break. Its always nice to get away with the family. Hope you find some treasures.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time, Jo. Hope it's not Scamander you're going to; even Ballarat wasn't that hot today!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Simone de Klerk said...

Have a lovely vacation!

Stina Blomgren said...

Have a wonderful campingtrip with your family!! Take care...

RG said...

Have a wonderful time Jo...it sounds so good! We love camping and fossicking by the creek sounds like fun.
Will look forward to your pics.
Enjoy!
hugs
Robyn xx

Rose Johnston said...

Travel safe and have fun! Havent the holidays gone quickly!! Hope u get some stitching done!

wonderwoman said...

sounds lovely - have a great time Jo!

xxxx

Unknown said...

I wish you a nice time out there, sounds wonderful. I have to admit that I´m a bit jealous, it´s snowing here today.....

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Happy star-gazing...just perfect!!! Hope you have lots of fun fossicking...

sewkalico said...

Have a fabulous time!!

Fiona said...

Have a great time camping Jo. Look forward to seeing all your pic's on return.

julia said...

Hey sis,
have a terrific time!
I hope there's mail awaiting you when you come back ;o).
Hugs, Julia

Lynn E said...

have a great holiday. I would love to be somewhere that i could find a topaz. Its my birthstone. Watching for shooting stars is another great thing about living rural, no lights to dim the stars. Hope you have a great and safe time.

Lynn