Monday 10 May 2010

Mother's Day

I had a lovely Mother's Day.
No sleeping in at my place or breakfast in bed, I woke up at 6am and headed off to The Mother's Day Classic where I volunteered my services again after enjoying last years event. Over 2000 runners and walkers took part in Hobart and helped to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, over 100,000 people took part Australia wide. Well done to all!!

I came home to freshly baked scones by my 13yo son and was allowed some "me" time so what else can a girl do but stitch. I finished up a shop sample for The Quilted Crow of Marg Low's pattern "Dressy Hangers", I'll definitely be making these for myself and gifts, they're so cute!

P.S. Happy Mother's Day to my Mum, I tried to call you but it kept going straight to message bank!

P.S.S. Happy Mother's Day to my MIL Sandra, DH called you while I was out!

6 comments:

Elyte said...

Sounds like you had a good day. My friend walked the classic in Melbourne. Both of her children are overseas so that's how she chose to spend her day. That coat hanger looks great especially for hanging jumpers and the more delicate clothing.

Sew Useful Designs said...

You're a star, Jo! :-) What a wonderful way to spend Mothers Day - raising money and awareness to help other mums! Freshly baked scones and "me" time... it doesn't get much better than that!

Hugs!! vikki xoxo

Cubby House Crafts said...

So pleased you were spoilt on Mothers Day after helping out like you did!
I have Marg Lowes pattern for the hanger...must make it up sometime!
Lisa

Unknown said...

My DD & I will do the Walk next year with Stroller in tow...Gorgeous Hanger might just have to order this pattern...I love these for Girlie Pressies...Glad you had a Nice Day,
cheers

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

No sleeping in at my place either...lovely coat hanger Jo.
Jane.

Cath Ü said...

Glad to see you enjoyed your day... tomorrow we are all off to Seaworld a belated Mother's day pressie from one of our daughter's and her hubby to be.. His mum will be there too....

Love that coathanger...
Cath's Blog
Cath Ü